- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “DPA”) Run Nation Events Limited will be the data controller in respect of data collected via www.timing4sport.co.uk (this “Website”).
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The type of information and data we may collect about you includes:
- your name and address;
- your phone number and e-mail address;
- details about the services you specifically request;
- your gender and date of birth;
- a username and password for your online account;
- a security question and answer for your online account; and
- your image (by way of photographs or footage) when hosting in an event.
We will not collect or store any other sensitive personal information (as such term is defined in the DPA) about you without your explicit consent.
The information you provide to us when using the Websites (including information when you make an application to participate in any of our events) will be processed for the following reasons:
- to administer your user account with us;
- to process any request for advice or information supplied by us;
- to process any application you make for our services;
- to send you health and safety and other relevant event information;
- to notify you of event, activities, publication and services that may be of interest to you should you consent to receiving these from us;
- to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations;
- in the case of images and footage, in accordance with clause 3 below.
You agree that personal data relating to you may be anonymised and the anonymised data may be used by Run Nation Events Limited and its partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information.
Any information that we collect about you is stored electronically on our database. It may also be printed and stored in our filing system.
We would like to contact you in the future for marketing purposes by post and e-mail. If you don’t want to be contacted we provide you the facility of using an opt out box to tell us on the entry registration form or there is an additional opt out whenever an email is sent.
We would like to provide your information to carefully selected third parties (including charities, partners, subcontractors, sponsors and suppliers) for the purposes of marketing, information and publicity. If you are happy for us to disclose your information we offer an opt-in box which should be ticked at the time of submitting your application.
You acknowledge that your/our events may be televised, filmed and/or otherwise recorded and photographs and/or footage may be taken, all of which may capture your participation in any such event. By entering an event you grant us and those authorised by us the free and unfettered right to use such photographs, filming and recording for any purposes it deems reasonable including, but not limited to, publication, display, sale and distribution by means of film, television, radio, print media, internet, publicity material or any other new media now or in the future.
Without prejudice to clause 3.1, you accept and acknowledge that our official photography supplier may take photographs of you during your participation in an event. In this connection, by ticking the opt-in box during registration, you accept, acknowledge and agree that:
- we and our official photography supplier may identify you in an image with reference to your bib number;
- we and our official photography supplier may advertise and sell photographs of you competing at the event on our Website and our official photography supplier’s website; and
- whilst such photographs are intended for purchase by you, your friends and your family (to commemorate your participation in an event), third parties may also purchase such photographs by entering your name or bib number in the search facility our official photography supplier’s website.
We may use information tracking and gathering technologies that record and store information about users of the Website automatically. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. This information does not identify you personally.
We use this information to help us identify click stream patterns, to improve our Website and to learn about the number of visitors to our Website and the types of technology our visitors use.
Your browser’s ‘help’ option will tell you how to adjust your cookie settings. However, please be aware that if you choose to delete or restrict cookies, some features of our Website may not work. You can also visit the AboutCookies website, for more information about cookies and how to manage them.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information confidential except to the extent that we are compelled to disclose it by law (for example where fraud or other crime is involved) or to comply with an instruction of a regulatory body of competent jurisdiction. To comply with the DPA we follow strict security procedures for storing data.
The personal information that we hold will be held securely to ensure no unauthorised disclosure or access. The internet is not a secure medium. We have put in place various security measures but you are advised to treat the internet as an insecure medium in all of your communications with us.
UPDATING YOUR DETAILS
If any of the information that you have provided to us when you apply to enter an event changes, for example if you change your email address, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to obtain a copy of the personal data that we hold on you, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. As soon as we are satisfied as to your identity, we will send to you a copy of all the data that we hold concerning you.